DCSIMG

Candle sparks Sheffield kitchen blaze

News: Latest from The Star.

News: Latest from The Star.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen blaze in Sheffield sparked by a tea light.

Crews who dealt with last night’s incident on Lowedges Crescent, Lowedges, Sheffield, said an unattended candle started the fire, which smoke-logged the flat and a neighbouring property.

The occupier of the burning flat escaped unharmed, but two neighbours – women in their 40s and 20s – had to be led to safety by firefighters following the call at 8pm.

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said a battery in a smoke alarm in the burning flat had been removed.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page