Candle on TV started blaze

0
Have your say

A HOUSE destroyed by fire went up in flames when a candle was left burning on top of a television, an investigation has revealed.

The blaze, on City Road, Norfolk Park, broke out at around 7am on Wednesday when five people were in the shared terrace house.

Three occupants escaped but two ended up stuck in an alley and were unable to get past flames and smoke until firefighters arrived to lead them to safety.

They were taken to hospital along with two neighbours and all treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Back to the top of the page