DCSIMG

Candle caused fire in Rotherham home

News 24-hours a day at www.thestar.co.uk

News 24-hours a day at www.thestar.co.uk

An unattended candle caused a fire in a family home last night.

They found a candle left unattended after the residents went to sleep had set fire to the living room.

Two adults and a child had already left the property and called emergency services.

Gary Ridgeway, crew manager at Aston fire station, said: “They were quite lucky it didn’t spread anywhere else.

“They had shut the door of the living room which prevented the travel of smoke and fire.

“It is quite unusual to get a fire like this these days.

“Candles are fine as long as you keep an eye on them and make sure they are extinguished before you go to bed.

“Be very careful with candles, that’s what we always say to people, and the other thing is to make sure fitted and working smoke alarms.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page