Bungalow damaged in fire

0
Have your say

A BUNGALOW in South Yorkshire was badly damaged after a pan left unattended on the cooker caught fire.

Firefighters called to Victoria Road, Parkgate, Rotherham, at 8.20pm on Monday found the cooker area well alight but quickly brought the fire under control.

A fire service spokesman said: “An elderly man had put the pan on the stove and then went outside leaving it unattended.

“He was outside when we arrived and no one was injured.

“The kitchen suffered smoke and fire damage but firefighters managed to stop it spreading to other parts of the bungalow.”

And firefighters had to act quickly to prevent a wheelie bin fire spreading to a house on Fern Avenue, Staveley, Chesterfield, at 4.14am yesterday.

Firefighters from Chesterfield were also called out to a field fire behind New Hall Road.

Back to the top of the page