Brave passer-by prevents Sheffield kitchen fire spreading

News from the fire service...

News from the fire service...

0
Have your say

A brave passer-by helped prevent a Sheffield home going up in flames after spotting a kitchen fire.

The 22-year-old man saw the blaze at a property on Winn Gardens, Middlewood, at about 8pm last night.

A pan left on the hob had started a fire in the property, whose occupants were out at the time.

A spokesman for Rivelin fire station, whose crew was called to the scene, said the man had seen smoke through the window, broke into the property, removed the pan and then searched the house to see if there was anyone inside.

The occupiers did not return to the house by the time the fire service left the scene and Sheffield Council had to be called out to secure the property.

Back to the top of the page