Blaze victim had started fire

0
Have your say

A SHEFFIELD man took his own life by setting fire to his duvet, an inquest heard.

James Hayball died after a blaze at his flat in Skelton Way, Woodhouse, on June 6, was started deliberately.

The inquest into the 45-year-old’s death ruled the cause of death was smoke inhalation.

After hearing evidence from South Yorkshire Police and fire services, deputy assistant coroner Professor Alex Forrest returned a verdict of suicide.

Contact Sheffield Samaritans on 0114 276 7277.