Blaze starts in Barnsley kitchen bin

0
Have your say

A HOUSE was damaged in Barnsley when an ashtray was emptied into a bin.

Firefighters from the town were called to a house on Gerald Road, Kendray, on Thursday, at 3pm, and found the kitchen well alight.

There was nobody in the property when the blaze broke out.

The blaze damaged a worktop and cupboards in the kitchen, but firefighters prevented the flames spreading.

A fire service spokesman said: “The careless discarding of smoking materials is a major cause of house fires. Please make sure you check cigarettes are fully extinguished before disposing of them.”

Back to the top of the page