Bedroom fire due to smoking

0
Have your say

A FIRE from which a pensioner had to be rescued was caused by discarded smoking materials, an investigation has revealed.

Firefighters were called to Hartley Brook Road, Shiregreen, Sheffield, on Sunday afternoon.

An 80-year-old man needed emergency first aid at the scene before he was taken to hospital, where he remains.

The blaze started in his bedroom and is not being treated as suspicious.

Neighbours raised the alarm after spotting smoke coming from the windows of the OAP’s home.