Bedroom blaze kills budgies

0
Have your say

TWO budgies died - and a man was treated for smoke inhalation - after a fire in a ground floor flat on Norman Croft Crescent, Manor, Sheffield.

The blaze broke out in the man’s bedroom at 9.45am on Sunday. The cause has been logged as accidental.

Fire crews were called out to another flat fire, on Lingfoot Avenue, Jordanthorpe, Sheffield, where a man in his 30s also suffered smoke inhalation.

Crews attended at 8.40pm on Friday.

In Woodseats, Sheffield, firefighters were called to a house on Linburn Road after food went up in flames in the cooker. All the property’s occupants were out by the time crews arrived at 7.20pm on Sunday.

And an arson attack was responsible for a derelict three-storey building going up in flames on Adwick Road, Mexborough, Rotherham. Three engines were sent at 3.50pm on Sunday.