Barnsley man injured after using soldering iron to light cigarette

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital with burns - after using a soldering iron to light a cigarette.

The man, in his 30s, told firefighters he had not wanted to leave his bedroom to look for a lighter.

He suffered burns to his face and hands and dropped the soldering iron onto his bed, which set some bedding alight.

Firefighters were alerted to the incident on Newstead Road, Athersley, Barnsley, at 1.45pm on Wednesday.

Paramedics called to the scene took the man to hospital for treatment.