Barnsley firefighters rescue owl from elderly lady’s bedroom

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

0
Have your say

Firefighters were called out to a house in Barnsley last night after a surpsrise visitor caused an elderly lady to get into a flap.

The lady had rang for help at around 11pm last night when she discovered an owl sat on top of her wardrobe in her bedroom.

Fire crews attended the property on Blenheim Road in Barnsley where they guided the bird to a window and released it safely.

Oxygen was administrated to the lady who was suffering from shock.

It is believed the owl got into the property through the chimney.

Tom Hirst, crew manager of white watch, Barnsley, said: “Both the owl and the lady were OK.

“We did have difficulty getting to the property though due to parked cars on the road not leaving enough space for vehicles to get through.

“This wasn’t a life or death situation but I would remind drivers to park responsibly.”

Back to the top of the page