Barn blaze an accident

0
Have your say

AN ELECTRICAL fault has been blamed for a blaze which destroyed a barn on a Sheffield farm and killed scores of animals.

The barn at Moor House Farm, Machin Lane, Stocksbridge, went up in flames at 10pm on Monday and when crews arrived it was engulfed in flames.

Four horses, 20 pigs and scores of chickens perished in the blaze, which took firefighters four and a half hours to extinguish.

The barn, which had only recently been built, is believed to have gone up in flames because a battery charger was left plugged in and overheated.