Balby man taken to hospital after chip pan blaze

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

0
Have your say

A man aged in his 50s was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire in Balby last night.

Firefighters were called to a ground floor flat in Peakstone Close at 11.30pm after neighbours spotted flames coming from a kitchen.

The occupant was already outside when crews from Doncaster and Edlington stations attended.

He was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus spent about 30 minutes tackling the blaze.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “We urge residents to never leave cooking unattended. Chip pan fires can develop extremely quickly.”

Back to the top of the page