Bakery worker suffers burns

0
Have your say

A BAKERY worker burned his arm and singed his hair when a flash of flame leapt from a gas oven which ignited in front of him in the early hours.

The 47-year-old was hurt at the Beres factory on Rawson Spring Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield.

He had turned on the gas but didn’t light the oven properly, a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

He then lit the stove when he realised his mistake, causing a flash of flame to jump from the cooker.

The worker was taken to the Northern General Hospital, along with a shocked colleague, to be treated for his burns.

Firefighters were called to the scene at around 4am yesterday morning, but the incident didn’t cause any damage to the factory.