Allergic teen’s tragic death sparks food firm warning in Barnsley

editorial image
0
Have your say

Food businesses in Barnsley are being reminded of their legal responsibilities to advise customers of allergic ingredients after a teenager tragically died.

Apprentice builder Dylan Hall, aged 18, died after eating a curry at a Barnsley restaurant in May.

He was allergic to nuts and his family believe his death was caused by a severe reaction. The teen from Thurnscoe was not carrying his EpiPen allergy injection.

Coun Roy Miller, from Barnsley Council, said: “In light of this terrible tragedy, I want to remind businesses that serve fresh food of their legal obligations.

“If any business is unsure of the food information regulations, they can contact Barnsley Regulatory Services or the Food Standards Agency.”

Call regulatory services on 01226 772468.