Advice after barbecue on flat balcony causes fire

0
Have your say

Firefighters have issued advice after an evening barbecue caused a small blaze on the balcony of a flat in Sheffield.

The fire happened at an apartment in Brewery Wharf on Mowbray Street, Kelham Island.

A disposable barbecue had set fire to the wooden balcony area at 10pm on Thursday.

A fire service spokesman said: “We would advice people to keep barbecues away from buildings, and use them only on non flammable surfaces.”

People are also being advised during the warm summer weather not to leave barbecues unattended.