It’s that time of the week again - the weekend is upon us and you’re no doubt looking for somewhere to head out to.
We’ve put together this handy guide to Sheffield’s pubs and clubs so that you can find the right watering hole or dancefloor tonight - no matter what kind of night out you’re looking for.
1. Mahogany Newt, New Barrack Tavern, 601 Penistone Road, Sheffield, S6 2GA, 9.30pm. Tel. 07973 321443.
2. THOR, the mighty Gods of rock, The Birdwell Venue, be early.
3. Young Once, The Railway Hotel, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield.
4. Junction, classic rock, The White Lion, London Road, Heeley, 9.30pm.
5. Vyndictive, Ark Tavern, Brimington, Chesterfield.
6. Patriots, (band), Sheffield Lane Top Club.
7. Kirstie Turner, Friday Night Live at The Pheasant, Oughtibridge.
8. Martin Simpson, support Bob Chiswick, Roots Music Club, The Ukrainian Centre, 48 Beckett Road, Doncaster, DN2 4AD, £12. All tickets available on the door or in advance at gigs and www.wegottickets.com/rootsmusicclubdoncaster
9. Zuel Rock, classic rock covers band, The Flying Scotsman Tap, Silver t, Doncaster, DN1 1JL, 9pm, free, 18+.
10. Echo Beach 80’s Christmas Party, the best of 80’s, The Cutlers Arms, Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, free entry, 18+.
11. Tommo’s Kareoke, Plus Play Your Cards Right, The Forest Showbar, Rutland Road, Sheffield.
12. Mod For It, Maida Vale, West Street. Resident DJ’s playing 60’s soul, Mod, Ska, 2 Tone Britpop and Indie.
13. Razzle Dazzle Presents, I Love the 70’s, Real Time Live, Chesterfield, doors 7.30pm, 18+.
14. Offbeat, leftfield indie night, Raynor Lounge, Sheffield Uni SU, (off Bar One), 9pm-1am, £4 otd. inc. free lollipops and stickers.
15. Vera Lynn Tribute Lunch, three course lunch followed by live entertainment, Carlton Park Hotel, Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2BG, Lunch served from 12-1pm, £14.95. Tel. 01709 849955.
16. Christmas Fayre Dinner and Disco, four course meal followed by coffee, mince pies, Christmas novelties and disco entertainment. Carlton Park Hotel, Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2BG. Tel. 01709 849955.
17, Karaoke/Open Mic Night, hosted by DJ Stevie V, Thirsty Flame pub, (old Sidings), Brinsworth, 9pm till Late. Warm and friendly atmosphere.
18. Live Music Night, Punchbowl, Crookes, Sheffield. All very welcome.
19. Disco & Karaoke, The Midland Hotel, Sheffield Road, Killamarsh, 9pm, all welcome.
20. Live Band Night, The Springvale, Sheffield, 9pm.
21. 80s Night, Rondevu, Furnival Square, Sheffield, 7pm, free entry, drink offers.
22. 80’s Disco, with Rosco, Chantry Arms, Woodseats, 9pm, free entry.
23. Friday Social @ Bloo 88, The Colonel and guests drop RnB from up to the minute to back in the day, funk, soul, disco and motown. All night happy hour offers and serious soulful groove, Bloo 88, 182 West St, S1 4ET, 10pm-1.30am. Tel. 0114 2706264.
24. Kev’s Karaoke, and Back to School Years Disco, The Three Cranes, Queens Street, S1 2DW, free adm. Tel. 0114 2731415.
25. Karaoke & Disco, The Sportsman Inn, Swinton, 8.30pm.
26. Disco,mix of music and Djs, Barry’s Bar, London Road.
27. Vanity Fridays, at Crystal Bar, free before midnight/£3 after. It’s all about being glamtastic and embracing the weekend in style.
28. Drop, Anthemic and Fracture, Corporation, 10pm, 18+.
29. Quiz Night, Crookes Social Club, Mulehouse Rd. 8.30pm. Members free and guests £1 cover charge. All welcome. Tel. 2660114.