It’s December, it’s nearly Christmas and you’re looking for something to do to fit around your shopping.
Well from Markets to festive fairs and delicious dinners, there’s plenty on offer in Sheffield today - including the celebration of 75 years since the Sheffield Blitz, with a spectacular event lined up for this evening.
Check this lot out:
1. Christmas Market, Dalewood Care Home, The Dale, Woodseats, 11-3pm. Stalls, inc. books, cakes, bric-a-brac and raffles etc.
2. Bradflix, Family Film, Inside Out (PG), Bradfield Village Hall, 3pm, bar and refreshments. www.bradflix.co.uk
3. Abbeydale Singers Christmas Concert, Come One and All, St Mark’s Church, Broomhill, 7.30pm. Tkts at the door: £12, £10 (concessions) & £6 (students with card). Accompanied children under 16 free of charge.
4. Bradfield Village Hall Dance, Low Bradfield, 7.30pm, tel. 2851227.
5. Christmas Concert, Black Dyke Band, Sheffield Philharmonic Chorus, presented by Petroc Trelawny, Irwin Mitchell Oval Hall, Sheffield City Hall, 3pm & 7pm. Tel. 0114 2789789.
6. A Compton Christmas Cracker, organ concert, a feast of festive music and mirth featuring Andrew Nix and Kevin Grunill at the console of the Mighty Compton Cinema Organ, at the Penistone Paramount, 2.30pm. Ticket bookings and further information available tel. 07944 566972.
7. Unite The Brass Band Christmas Spectacular, The Venue, Stocksbridge, 7.30pm. Tickets £5. join us and enjoy the 2015 Butlins Mineworkers & Yorkshire Area 1st Section Champions in this fabulous Christmas show. Tel. 0114 2838692.
8. 75th Anniversary of Operation Crucible-The Sheffield Blitz, join Ron Clayton at 18-00 Hours by the City Hall Steps for an illustrated walk round the city centre to relive the events of a night etched in Sheffield’s history finishing with the laying of a floral tribute by the Marples Hotel in Fitzalan Square at 20-00 hours. Price £5, no concessions. To book please e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Christmas Bags, Because We Say Sew, sewing and haberdashery shop, Walkley, 1-3.30pm, £20. Come and make a selection of different bags perfect for Christmas gifts. Learn how to design your own shapes for those weirdly shaped gifts you can’t wrap easily, or to give as gifts. To book tel. 0114 3273170.
10. The Lyric Concert, presented by the ARS Liricae, St Andrews Church, Upper Hanover Street, 7.30pm, adm by donation. wwwarsliricae.com
11. Santa Special, The Elsecar Heritage Railway, adults & children £12 each. Includes train ride ,gift, drink ans snack for child, miniature drink and mince pie for adults. To book, tel. 01226610700.
12. Burtons Restaurant, fine dining with a difference, Burton Street Foundation, 57 Burton St, Hillsborough. Four courses plus coffee for £22. Pre- booking is essential. All proceeds go towards supporting people with disabilities. Angela 0114 2332908.
13. Get to know your Sewing/Overlocking Event, find your way round your machine, get to know how to use the stitches, and sew with confidence. Sheila Constance of Dressmakers Workshop, 124 Wortley Rd, High Green, S35 4LU, tel. 0114 2846868.
14. Sheffield Country Market, Scout Hut, Spooner Road, Broomhill, 9-12pm.
15. Rotherham local History Society Talk, Growing up in Rotherham in the 20th Century, by Tony Dodsworth (Parkgate & Rawmarsh Local History) at St. Pauls Church, Kimberworth Rd, S5 9FP (Side door), 10.30-12pm. Free to members, small charge for guests. Tea and coffee will be available.
16. Coffee Morning, Hillsborough Baptist Church School Room, off Taplin Road, 9-12pm. Bric-a-brac, fancy goods, food, tea and coffee.
17. Coffee Morning, EPPiC Theatre, Ecclesfield, 10-12pm.
18. Firth Park Food Bank, food is ready, come and dine with us for free. Brushes Community Centre, West Quadrant, Firth Park, S5 6QE, 12-2.30pm. Sponsored by The Royal Assembly. Phil tel. 07907050035.