Friday, December 13, 2013
1. Mahogany Newt, Roebuck Tavern, Charles Street, Sheffield, S1 2NB, 9pm.
2. Northerh Soul Night, Railway Hotel, Penistone Road North, Wadsley Bridge, S6 1LP, 8.30pm, free admission.
3. The Hendersons Christmas Special, Sheffield’s premier rock and blues cover band, Tune Inn, The Royal Standard, St Mary’s Road, Sheffield, S2 4AX, 7pm, free entry.
4. Straight Razor Angels, Dave Woodcock & The Dead Comedians, Wild sons of Gentlemen, Shakespeares, Gibraltar St, £6 on the door.
5. 70s & 80s Nite, The Red Lion pub, Chestfield Road, 8.30pm til late, free entry
6. Traditional Carols, with a professional brass quartet, Bradfield Village Hall, 7.30pm, (includes hot beef sandwich), tel. 2851227 or Post Office.
7. Christmas Concert, with Oughtibridge Brass Band, Christmas songs, traditional and local carols at Wadsley Parish Church, Worrall Road, Sheffield, S6 4BB, 7.30pm, £7 each incl. refreshments. Contact David/Julia tel. 07817747631 - 2320665.
8. Daniel Whitehouse, Mathew Hall and Dirdsbead, The Cathedral, Church St, 7.30pm, £6 in adv, more on door. Tickets from: Harley Liveor Wick At Both Ends.
9. Winter Wonderland Christmas Party, Winding Wheel, Chesterfield, 7.30pm, £29.50. Box Office tel. 01246 345 222 or www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk
10. The Wizard of Oz, pantomime by John Morley, presented by The Stannington Players, The Lomas Hall, Stannington, 7.15pm, tkts £6, cons £5 including refreshments. Ticket secretary tel. 0114 2342176. www.stanningtonplayers.org.uk