Thursday, December 5, 2013
1. Special Heavy Rock Jam Night, featuring The Desperados with Jak Black on keyboards and Shwimp on lead, The Midland Hotel, Sheffield Road, Killamarsh, 8.30pm, free food and late bar unitl 1am, top gear provided, just turn up and play. Info and comments New Midland Jammers on facebook.
2. Acoustic Session Open Mic, The Bridge Inn, Greasbrough Rd., Rotherham, 9pm.
3. Jam Night at The Yellow Lion, Church St., Greasborough, 9:00pm.
4. Crookes Folk Club at the Princess Royal, Slinn St., Sheffield, 8.15pm.
5. Carols By Candlelight, hosted by HighStorrs, Greystones Junior, Ecclesall Junior, and Bents Green School, at Ecclesall All Saint’s Church, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield (opposite the Prince of Wales pub), 6.30-8pm, free adm, all welcome. All proceeds to our local charity WORK LTD (Reg no 1050876). Refreshments served before service.
6. The Sheffield Business Awards, Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, 7pm-2am. Black tie/evening dress. Guest speaker Countryfile TV presenter Julia Bradbury. Tickets from £85. Visit www.sheffieldbusinessawards.org.uk
7. Mexborough and Swinton Astronomical Society, Swinton Working Men’s Club, 4 Station Street. Swinton. S64 8AU. 7.45 pm to 10.00 pm. Free for members. Visitors welcome. Admission £2. msas.org.uk.
8. Holmesfield Church Walking Group, Dronfield High Street Walk, Robin Greetham will lead a walk starting from The Jolly Farmer pub, Gosforth Valley towards Cowley Lane then into Dronfield where we will meet Mrs Ann Brown of the Old Dronfield Society who will give us a guided tour of the High street. We return to the public house via Lea Brook Valley. Lunch (optional). The cost of the walk is £3, proceeds to Holmesfild Church Restoration Fund. The walk is approximately 4mls long. Any queries, Robin tel. 01246 412767.
9. Aladdin, The Academy Theatre, Sheffield Road, Birdwell. Tel. 01226 744442.
10. Cinderella, CAST, Main Space, Doncaster. Tickets via Doncaster Ticket Office tel. 01302 303959 and www.castindoncaster.com