Sheffield councillors urged to approve homes plan despite objections

The house in Walkley Crescent
The house in Walkley Crescent
0
Have your say

Plans to knock down a dilapidated home and put up two new houses could be approved despite more than 50 objections.

Sheffield Council’s planning committee will consider an application to demolish 40 Walkley Crescent Road on Tuesday.

Councillors had been due to look at the plans last month, but deferred a decision in order to visit the site.

The applicant, Mr Pickering of Queens Tower Lodge, initially wanted to put three homes on the site but reduced the number to two.

Fifty-three letters of objection were submitted, but council officers have recommended the application be approved.

The officer’s report said the new homes would not result in overdevelopment and would be in keeping with the surrounding area. It said they would not create ‘unacceptable overlooking’.

Today’s top stories:

Plea for extra security after series of thefts of sentimental items from Sheffield cemeteries

Teenager, 15, seriously injured after being hit by bus in Sheffield

Murder suspect due in court over death of South Yorkshire man

VIDEO/PHOTOS: Hundreds of bikers pay respect on last ride of Sheffield man Sam

'We want trees to come down - so why aren't protesters listening?'

Sheffield hospital bosses apologise after woman loses ovary in surgery error

Call for street patrols on Sheffield estate after masked gunman bursts into home with children inside

Gary Hooper injured! Sheffield Wednesday hit by potential play-off blow

Sheffield United: Ched Evans move to Blades nears completion

Download The Star's mobile app now for FREE