Seneca cements construction ties

Designs on success:  (l to r) Michael Sanders, MD of Rotherham-based MSSR and Tienda, Atul Lakhani, from MSSR, Melanie Hird of Seneca and Nic Grimoldby from Tienda, following the deal that brought MSSR and Tienda together.
Designs on success: (l to r) Michael Sanders, MD of Rotherham-based MSSR and Tienda, Atul Lakhani, from MSSR, Melanie Hird of Seneca and Nic Grimoldby from Tienda, following the deal that brought MSSR and Tienda together.
0
Have your say

Turnaround specialist Seneca Investments has brought together construction companies in Rotherham and Cambridge, with the help of Sheffield law firm Hlw Keeble Hawson.

Seneca has made a substantial investment in Cambridge and Grantham-based interior design and construction company Tienda and taken a 49 per cent share in the business, while the management team of Rotherham’s MSSR Forecourt Developments has acquired the remaining 51 per cent of Tienda.

Bawtry Road-based MSSR is itself part of Seneca’s investment portfolio and started out providing specialist construction services for petrol forecourt operators before diversifying into other areas of construction.

Seneca Investments director and Tienda chairman Melanie Hird said: “The strength of MSSR and Tienda’s combined business strategy and operational synergy will undoubtedly open doors to new opportunities and markets for both companies.”

Hlw Keeble Hawson corporate partner Neil Large represented Seneca.

He said: “Seneca Investments has an uncanny knack of identifying and creating good investment opportunities and structuring them in a way that makes them attractive propositions to all parties.

“This is another strategically sound deal which brings together two very well-matched companies, with the new entity a strong proposition in the design and construction sector.”

The Tienda deal is the fourth involving Seneca and South Yorkshire companies since the start of the year.