News In Brief: Candle causes kitchen blaze

0
Have your say

A KITCHEN in a house in Barnsley was destroyed in a blaze caused by a candle wick dropping behind a fridge.

Firefighters who were called out to the blaze on Kingsway, Grimethorpe, said the wick had fallen off a scented candle which had been placed on the fridge. A woman in the house at the time got out unharmed and raised the alarm.

Teen released

A TEENAGE boy injured in a collision with a car on a Sheffield road has been released from hospital. The 14-year-old was struck by a vehicle on City Road on Thursday, June 9, and was treated for head injuries. Police have revealed he has now been discharged.

50s Lush party

THE Sheffield branch of smellies store Lush is holding a 1950s style reopening party on Wednesday with cupcakes, free hand massages and skin consultations from 11am to 5pm. The new look shop, on Fargate, includes a kitchen consultation area where customers can receive friendly advice.

£5,000 raised

SHEFFIELD estate agency Eadon Lockwood and Riddle has presented £5,000 to Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity. Charity spokeswoman Rachel Thorpe said: “We are delighted ELR has given this fabulous sum of money. Every penny helps and we are constantly trying to raise funds.”

Car boot sale

A CAR boot sale on Loxley playing field in aid of Sheffield Life Saving Society takes place on Sunday, June 26, and not June 23 as stated in a story in yesterday’s Star.

Back to the top of the page