A MAN has died after a chemicals incident at his home - sparking a major emergency operation in Sheffield.
For full story, reaction and more photos see The Star tomorrow.
Holland Place in Highfield was evacuated and London Road taped off for around four hours as police, fire and ambulance officers tackled the incident.
A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “A number of properties on Holland Place have been evacuated as a precautionary measure while officers from South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue and specialist teams from the Ambulance Service assess a potentially hazardous substance found at an address on the road.
“At this stage, emergency services do not believe the chemical poses an immediate threat to the public but assessments are taking place.”
Residents were allowed back into their homes at around 6pm.