Ancon Building Products can trace its history back 130 years to 1882 when George Clark of Sheffield started processing steel in the city before moving into making agricultural tools.
It was another 90 years before Ancon Stainless Steel Fixings was established, supplying the construction industry with metal components used as anchors in concrete.
George Clarke and Ancon were brought together just over 20 years later, in 1992 to form Ancon Clark, the biggest manufacturer of stainless steel construction fixings in the UK.
Within five years, Ancon Clark had relocated to the purpose built facility it occupies on President Park in Attercliffe today.
The company had established itself firmly as an international player by 2001, when it was acquired by US group Tyco International, the leading global supplier of electronic security, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls.
Tyco owned Ancon until four years ago, when it was acquired by CRH, the €18 billion turnover, Dublin-based building materials and products group.
The deal meant that for the first time in its history the company is now owned by a business focused on its core market.